Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Great Writing Should Be Part Of Gallery Bar Crawls

Interviewer: In most of your Blogs and Daily Entries you talk about writing like an artist paints on a canvas I blame that on teacher's! They were constantly after me to write with description. "Let me smell those hot apple pies sitting next to the open window." When you practice something a lot...it becomes part of your signature. I incorporated so much description into my writing that it became poetic. Musical! Expressed filled. Readers felt like they were on vacation. One night while on the Barnes and Noble writing tour a visitor said, "It's like you paint a picture. Have you thought about moving your words to a canvas?" The very essence required to build a well rounded paragraph also goes into the shape of a flower. The moon making out with the sun. A guitar melting in the backseat of a very hot canvas topped car. Interviewer: Where have you found more success? Writing or on a canvas? Seriously what is success to a writer or artist? The size of an ego doesn't determine the measurement of wind inside an unstoppable imagination. I've enjoyed several years of painting pictures for readers. The same can be said about gallery crawlers. There's a passion that lives beneath my skin: Don't just show off the multitudes of color free flowing within. Teach it. Words are words until they are delivered. Two decades of future Broadcaster's have stood in line waiting patiently to learn my shape of picture making. Interviewer: Your motto has always been: Steal my art. It wasn't mine when I picked it up. I know the faces of every teacher that took the time to share. No move is made without there being a memory of who let me in. I honestly believe it would be a disserve to them if I didn't pass it to the next set of painters. Be it words on paper. Delivered through the air. On a canvas. Expression Art is the ability of captivating emotion without having to sacrifice anything more than the willingness to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment